From www.religionfacts.com, “Karma is a concept common to Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism, but interpreted in different ways. As a religious term, karma refers to intentional (usually moral) actions that affect one's fortunes in this life and the next. The purpose of life in Hinduism is thus to minimize bad karma in order to enjoy better fortune in this life and achieve a better rebirth in the next. The ultimate spiritual goal is to achieve release (moksha) from the cycle of samsara (reincarnation) altogether. It may take hundreds or thousands of rebirths to get rid of all of one's accumulated karma and achieve moksha (liberation). The person who has become liberated (attained moksha) creates no more new karma during the present lifetime and is not reborn after death.”
The law of karma states that everything which happens in our lives is nothing but the reaction of our past activities. Everything that we are today is the sum total result of all our activities performed up to this moment. If we wish our lives to be different in the future we have to change our activities in the present; and by doing so we change the direction of our lives. Every person is responsible for his or her acts and thoughts, so each person's karma is entirely his or her own.
Florence Scovel Shinn wrote, “Man receives only that which he gives. The Game of Life is a game of boomerangs. Man's thoughts, deeds and words, return to him sooner or later, with astounding accuracy. For man can only be what he sees himself to be, and only attain what he sees himself attaining.”
The Spiritual Law of Karma dictates that all karma is recorded and balanced; it's a recorded history of all of our lives and life experiences and lessons. It is carried forward from one lifetime to the next; as a result we may not experience the consequences of our actions until a subsequent lifetime. Loving deeds, emotions, thoughts and words are ‘credits’. Negatives are ‘debits’. The Universe will call these up for us to experience when we least expect it. Positive beliefs and mindsets create good karma in our lives. Wonderful things then happen and enter our lives consistently. We are responsible for our own beliefs and mindsets, so we must be aware to amend our beliefs if they do not serve us in a positive manner.
Prior to incarnating we chose our family, our life challenges and our soul mission or life purpose. We also chose our body and genetic predisposition. Our moment-by-moment choices of emotions and thoughts affect our health and vitality. This is our karma. If we have the self-belief and mind-set that we are lacking or ‘not good enough’, that belief will inevitably draw into our lives the people and circumstances that will make us feel weak. Our souls choose our family prior to our birth. Difficult family relations and ties may be a consequence of unresolved issues and feelings, or situations in a past lifetime. Our souls choose that particular family because it wanted another opportunity and chance to finally resolve issues and problems. This offers us the lessons our soul needs to experience and learn.
You have the ability to change your Karma. You do not have to be bound to those things that are not for your greatest good. I have included an exercise and a Karmic Contract from the book, “May the Angels Be with You” by Gary Quinn, copyright 2001, Harmony Books, NY, that you can work with to open up to new possibilities and create self-awareness.
Exercise #1- Seventeen Questions That Will: Give you focus; open you to new possibilities; change old assumptions; increase self-awareness; invite angelic guidance; and help you to create a new life.
1. What don’t I like about my body or my physical appearance?
2. What would my ideal body and physical appearance be like?
3. What problems am I encountering with my career?
4. What are my ideal career conditions, and what results do I expect from these conditions?
5. What problems or situations can I identify that are blocking me at this time?
Answer the following questions as candidly as you can. Write down the first impressions or reactions that occur to you. Don’t edit yourself. Don’t worry about other people’s reactions. This questionnaire concerns no one but you. The more honest your responses, the clearer you will be about the life you yearn to live and the person you dream of being and how, with angelic help, you can make that a reality.
6. What are the ideal solution(s) to these problems? What would unblock all difficulty and allow things to flow?
7. What are my spiritual beliefs?
8. What do I expect from my angles?
9. What doubts do I have that angels really exist? Although I may never have seen one, what would an angel look like if I did see one?
10. What will people think or say if I let them know that I believe in angels or have had a personal experience with an angel or angels?
11. What do I expect from myself?
12. Why do I have difficulty trusting and loving everyone in my life?
13. Why am I angry? Am I holding on to resentments from anyone in my life? If so who, and what did he\she\they do to me-how was I hurt?
14. Write down the names of all people who hurt you or who you could not forgive for their behavior toward you. Forgive them, bless them, and release them with love.
15. What do I expect in other people?
16. What are the seven things I am great at?
17. What are the seven things I love about myself?
You are now ready to live the life you want. Create the change today. Use your higher self and your angles to lift your spirits. Use your power to create your greatness today. Take the risk to be who you are. Know that you are eternally loved and blessed.
Exercise #2- Wishes, Goals and Desires
Consult your higher self about what you most truly want to create, as well as the area or realm (spirituality, finances, relationships, music, physical well-being, work and so on) it will involve. Ask for angelic guidance and then fill in the blank spaces below.
The next exercise will help you to get even more specific and focused about your true purpose. Connect with your higher self, ask for angelic guidance, and then complete these partial statements in the blank spaces beneath them:
1. My desire and wish are to be:
2. My desire and wish are to do:
3. My desire and wish are to have:
4. I did not have to worry about finances, I would:
5. If I did not have to worry about my age, I would:
6. My perfect romantic partner and soul mate would have, be, do, and look like the following (describe in complete physical, emotional, spiritual, and mental detail):
Karmic Contract (feel free to change the wording to suit your needs and desires) Signing this contract signifies your commitment to change or tune up your awareness. Read this contract aloud, enter your name at the line at the top, and sign where indicated at the bottom.
I, __________________________, am now willing to release all previous vows of poverty, sacrifice, unhappiness, loneliness, sickness and struggle. I let go of old thoughts and patterns that keep me from following by life’s divine purpose.
I now trust myself and my higher guides to give me the information that I require to create my heaven on earth. I am making my choices about what feels right and good inside me. I claim my natural right to health, love, happiness and wealth.
All my special talents and all the information I need are flowing within me. I am honoring myself by loving everyone around me. Every day I accept a miracle in my life and let my angelic guides activate everything around me.
I live in the now and celebrate my magnificence.
I now affirm that the Universe has been informed of these changes, and it will now begin to respond accordingly. This contract nullifies and voids all previous contracts to the contrary.